Our boards are made from top quality wood. Due to the raw material being wood, it is important to treat and maintain the boards in order to preserve them as long as possible. See our care & maintenance chart down below for more information.
The solid wooden boards sold and produced by WHB are designed to last for years.
We recommend oiling the board approximately 2-4 times per month, depending on how often the board is used.
Don'ts/Habits to Avoid:
Do not always cut in the same place on the board
Do not drop any kind of hot substance or liquid on the surface
Do not put in the dishwasher
Do not leave in the sun
Do not soak in water
Keep away from moisture
Steps to clean the board
- Clean the board using a cloth/sponge with a small amount of dish soap
- Wipe the board and let it dry
Steps to oil the board
- Make sure your board is clean and dry
- Apply a generous amount of oil using a cloth/sponge
- Wipe off excess and let dry